I am pregnant and my night shifts are a problem. What can I do?

You need to talk to your GP or midwife about night work and your pregnancy. If they think it is a problem, they will give you a certificate for you to show your employer.

Your employer will then need to offer you suitable alternative daytime work, or suspend you on full pay for as long as necessary to protect your health and safety.