Covered in this topic:
- I have been told that my employer has disciplinary rules but I do not have a copy. What should I do?
- I have seen a list of actions that might be regarded as 'gross misconduct' in the disciplinary rules. Will these automatically result in dismissal?
- Do I have to obey all management instructions, however unreasonable?
- Can I refuse to take a test to see whether I have been using illegal drugs, or am under the influence of alcohol?
- My employer says that they are conducting a fact-finding exercise into alleged misconduct under the disciplinary rules. What should I do?
- My written contract refers to a code of conduct, but I do not have a copy. What is it?
- A member of my family works for one of my employer's competitors. Is this a problem?
- Am I allowed to own shares in other companies?
- Can I be prevented from taking another job after I leave?
- Can I send emails to external advisers about my employment problems?
- Do my employer's handbook and staff rules form part of my conditions of employment?
- What issues should I expect to find in my employer's handbook and staff rules?
- Am I entitled to see a copy of the employer's handbook and staff rules?